The Office of Medical Education Research and Development (OMERAD) is a unit within the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine. It was the first academic unit established when the College was formed in 1966 and is the oldest continuously operating office of medical education in the United States.
OMERAD provides opportunities for faculty to promote scholarship, improve teaching effectiveness, lead learner assessment and program evaluation, and integrate educational technology to advance medical education.
PERSONALIZED CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT – Fall 2017
Option A: Curriculum Development
- Develop a short curriculum for a course, series of workshops, rotation, intersession, or elective
- A four-week course including:
- self-paced online modules
- weekly personalized feedback and planning meetings with an instructor
- group video-conference meeting with instructors and other participants Monday, October 2nd from 4:00-6:00 pm, and Monday, October 30th from 4:00-6:00 pm
- Certificate of Completion when you are done
The next session will be four weeks in October (from October 2 – 30, 2017). Only eight spots available, so sign up soon!
Option B: Curriculum Delivery
- 1-to-1 coaching for your instructional needs such as revising curriculum, assessing and reflecting on curriculum/instruction, making your teaching more interactive/engaging, facilitating discussions, or another identified need
- Meetings planned to fit your schedule
- May include instructor observations in your class to provide feedback (depending on location)
- Offered anytime September - December 8th
What are the benefits of Personalized Curriculum Development?
- You can take this course from your home, office, or meet in OMERAD
- You can do the work when it's convenient for you within the schedule
- Your teaching and your students' learning will be improved!
If you are interested in participating in option A or B, please email Stacey.Pylman@hc.msu.edu
Check out our infographic to find out more about OMERAD's educational and service areas to the College of Human Medicine, scholarships, outreach efforts and research funding. Download full size infographic.
OMERAD Seminar Series
Join us for the IAMSE Webinar Series in Medical Education
Click for more information